Friday, January 29, 2010

Book List

I decided that I'm going to keep a list of the books I read this year.  I think it's in my genes to love reading, my mom and her dad are book lovers, and my mom raised me to be the same.  My mom's house could be a library, she's kept every book she's ever bought, and her (and more recently I) have read every one of them. And that is hundreds of books. I'm just VERY lucky that our taste in books runs exactly the same.  She has one bookcase full of our most recent reads, and larges boxes full of books taking up space in three closest and the attic, and she even recently gave away two boxes full.  I'm very sad that we can't afford to buy new books all the time now, and her and I have run out!!  :(  So I've recently been perusing the library for the first time ever in my life, and already our card has been blocked and we can't check out anymore until we can pay (all due to my husbands love for audiobooks. bleh.) So, I've decided to keep a book journal to keep track of what I'm reading.  I currently don't have a new book picked out yet, but here's a list of what I've read so far this year (at least what I remember. HAHA!)

Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown


Unspeakable by Sandra Brown


Innocents by Cathy Cootes


The Door To December by Dean Koontz (re-read/I have my mom's copy from 1994!)


Harry Potter 5-7 (re-read for the 6th or so time...no joke.)


and so far thats all I can remember.

Off to watch Dumb & Dumber with my honey!

14 comments:

  1. I've been keeping a book journal since 1999! It's fun looking back at all the great books I've read.

    I'm new to the blogging world, and it's fun finding blogs like yours written by fellow military spouses. Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm your newest follower I Love reading as well I actually just got done reading the Dear John book it was ver good I'm not sure if I want to see the movie because usually the movie ruins the book but we will see..Hope you have a wonderful day..

    ♥Stephanie H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is your hubby going to bootcamp at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's joining the navy, so he'll be in great lakes, illinois. so, you live in FL as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah my hubby is going to Fort Knox Kentucky! He leaves March 21st. Yeah I live in panama City..It has its pros and cons lol..Oh I didn't think you were ignoring me haha that was funny..

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, my hubby went to army bootcamp at fort knox in 2007 (he was going to go to an army military college, but decided that he HATED the college so after bootcamp, he decided not to go back to the school, what a waste! haha!) but yeah, my hubby leaves in may. im getting tired of waiting! haha, i just want to get it over with! sooner he leaves, sooner he can come back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl I know I'm just trying to take it one day at a time I can't wait till we get stationed somewhere.But at the same time I'm so nervous because we have NEVER been apart in like 2 years so I know I'm going to be very lonely but I'm going to try and keep myself busy lol..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! I can't wait to find out where we'll live and decorate my house! haha. Yeah, it's hard, we have only been apart for a few months in the three years we've been together. it doesn't get any easier, but you do get better at coping, thats one reason i started a blog, to keep me busy and meet people doing the same thing i am. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah when Brandon joined and started going out of town and stuff I was like umm I need people to talk to so thats when I got a blog I've met some really awesome people on here it's been great so far because you know your not the only one that isn't without your hubby..

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, it does help a lot, especially finding people who have already been through it and can give advice and answer questions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes I agree! Theres a lady name jody who is just such a sweet heart you should add her this is her blog site name Miss Fancy Pants..I mean there are way more other sweet women on here as well but shes just precious..

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay, ill go check her out. :D ive been reading your blg, and its funny how much we have in common, i got married oct. 09, my birthday is november 16th, our husbands are leaving this spring, we both live in FL. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! That is seriously funny! We do have a ton in common lol...

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha, thats pretty cool. well, im glad ive made a new blogging friend! haha. but, i gotta go, ill talk to you later!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!