Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update.



Here is what you've missed

From the 18th to the 21st my honey and I went on our relaxing honeymoon to Boone, NC.  What an adventure!!  I hadn't seen snow in about 6 years, and my hubby had never ever seen snow before, so driving up a mountain in a two-wheel drive truck and no snow experience was "fun". HAHA! Well, the first snow we couldn't make it up the mountain because the plows couldn't plow and salt the road quicker then it was coming down, so we got to stay in a hotel right at the base of the mountain, it wasn;t terrible, but it was no Holiday Inn. So the next morning we got a really kind man with a bubba truck to pull us out of the 15in. of snow that we were parked in and trekked our way to our hotel on the mountain.  We had a great time relaxing and playing in the snow, and we even met up with some friends who own a business "Doc's Rocks" and got to do a little gem mining, we even found a beautiful sapphire that I got made into a necklace!!  Needless to say we had a fantastic time and were really sad to leave.

But Christmas was great.  We had an early Christmas with my mom and 6 siblings.  Then on Christmas Eve we got to open up family gifts from my in-laws, where I got a camera from my honey, a beautiful scarf from my SIL, and some cash from my MIL and FIL.  And Christmas Day we spent with our family at Meme's house, with a LOT of great food!!


New Years was pretty good, we went to a party at our friend's house and had quite a bit of fun.  I didn't make a resolution this year, I new that whatever resolution I would have made, I wouldn't have followed through. Haha!  But I've still been reading quite a bit, although it's been very hard for me because I'm running out of books and our library card is blocked because SOMEBODY kept an audio book too long. (HINT: I HATE audiobooks).  Oh well.  I can't wait to read the newest Dean Koontz.

Anyways, that's pretty much it for now.


Ciao!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Love!!!