Monday, February 1, 2010

I finished up Adam last night, and it was great! There was an awesome twist at the end, there was alot of supernatural/spiritual influences and at times would really put the hair on the back of my neck on end!  It is definitely worth a read, especially if you enjoy Christian horror/mystery books.  Next on my list is Lost boy, Lost Girl by Peter Straub. I'm really excited to start reading it!



"A woman commits suicide for no apparent reason. A week later, her son– fifteen-year-old Mark Underhill–vanishes. His uncle, novelist Timothy Underhill, searches his hometown of Millhaven for clues that might help unravel this horrible dual mystery. He soon learns that a pedophilic murderer is on the loose in the vicinity, and that shortly before his mother’s suicide, Mark had become obsessed with an abandoned house where he imagined the killer might have taken refuge. No mere empty building, the house whispers from attic to basement with the echoes of a long-hidden true-life horror story, and Tim Underhill comes to fear that in investigating its unspeakable history, Mark stumbled across its last and greatest secret: a ghostly lost girl who may have coaxed the needy, suggestible boy into her mysterious domain."

Nothing else really has been going on.  Wedsnesday afternoons I watch my neice and nephew for my SIL while she's in class, so it's nice to spend time with them and to be making a little money that way.  I also got invited to go out to California to visit with my grandparents (all expenses paid) so when my honey leaves for bootcamp in May, at least I'll have a little something to look forward to.  Sorry my life is pretty boring right now, haha! Nothing blog-worthy going on here!!


Ciao!
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Oh the book sounds interesting..I'll haev to read that one I just got done with the dear John book I saw they came out with the nanny2 book so I'm forsure going to have to read that one ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking over your blog my dear-I love your choice in books! My kinda Girl! :)

    I love the "Not so silent Rank" button on the side! Love it!!

    Thank you for stoppoing by my blog :)
    I'm a new follower of you two sweetpea!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!