Thursday, February 25, 2010

In need of advice!

I am soooo stressed out!  As you all know my husband swore into the Navy and is waiting to ship to RTC in May. What I am stressing over is getting all  the paperwork done (or I should say, HIM getting all the paperwork done).  Like the DEERS package, signing up for Tri-Care (I want Prime not Standard), getting POA, and all the other countless reams of papers that needs to be signed.  But since I can't be there every Thursday for Michael's DEP meetings he has to attend, I don't know what's being done (and it definitely doesn't help that his recruiter is almost NEVER there).  I mean, the recruiter has had my birth cert., my S.S.Card, and our marriage license since November.  I want everything to be done correctly and in a timely manner.  I don't want to end up with nothing done right and having the struggle to fix it (I've heard horror stories about how hard it is to get something fixed or done correctly).  Any advice for making sure everything gets done? Anything I can do to help it along? ANY information will be more than helpful.

5 comments:

  1. Even though Kent is Army, not Navy like you guys, I think the motto "hurry up and wait" rings true for all military branches.

    Honestly, you're probably going to have to harass the hell out of people. Constantly. Until you know stuff is getting done.

    If it comes down to it, get a different recruiter and when asked why, simply tell them that your original one was never around and you felt as though they weren't doing their job.

    Follow up follow up follow up, even when THEY are supposed to be the ones following up. You're probably just going to have to bug people. A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I really think it IS true for all branches. Ugh. It's just so frustrating. But, I'm going to have to deal with it for the rest of his career, so I might as well get used to it I guess. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl they still have your info I went with Brandon after work and took mine to his recruter and they copied it and put it in the computer system and everything and then handed it right back. I know how you feel though I feel kinda lost like B keeps telling me this stuff that needs to get done and everything before he leaves and it's well kinda stressing me.

    But I know that everything will be fine and I know I'm going to have to learn some patience but why must it be so hard ugh!! lol...

    -Stephanie H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurry up and wait is right! Other than the fact that the recruiter still has all your stuff, I wouldn't worry about. THAT... he should have made copies and given you back your documents immediately and I would push your hubby to get those back asap. However, I wouldn't stress too much about the other stuff getting done, it will... eventually. If you're up to it, you can do some calling around... that sometimes lights a fire under some butts ;)

    good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!