Thursday, April 15, 2010

The home stretch

Wow, only -- days left until my honey jets off to boot camp. I'm getting nervous, sad, excited... there's so many emotions roiling through me.  I've been through this once before, when he had gone through basic in Fort Knox, so I know what to expect... but it's different this time. This time his contract doesn't have the option to say "no." This time it's for real. And this time is the beginning of the rest of our lives.  It will only be what we make of it, and we plan to make it an awesome and beneficial experience.  The Navy will be our life. And I'm okay with that.  In fact, I look forward to it, because without it we wouldn't have a life, not the one we hope for anyway.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!! I know it will be hard to get through his being gone....but just look towards the future and what it will mean for the both of you! It is such an exciting time. Just be there to show him your support and encourage him along the entire way! He will love that, it will be like your both going through it together. It will make your reletionship much stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your hubby! It's a crazy life, but I'm sure you're ready for it!

    I'm always here if you need to chat/vent.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!