Friday, May 14, 2010

It came in the mail. All square and brown and mocking.
 "Open me, you know what's inside, and I want to see you cry."
Well, mister "Box", I DIDN'T cry thankyouverymuch. I held myself together. Okay okay, I admit, I smelled his clothes in vain, hoping that they would still smell like him. (They didn't, ugh)
I miss him so much, I really do.  But I refuse to let myself mope and whine and act all depressed (okay, maybe there's been a lot of laziness and a lack of effort to do ANYTHING, but I'm working on it).  I need to get used to this, to being away from him for long periods of time, to missing him and I want to focus on keeping our love STRONG.  Michael doesn't want a mopey wife, he wants me to be me, and I'm going to do that for him. I'm going to be strong for him while he is being strong for me. (I'm totally going to eat these words when a few posts from now I'll be bawling about wanting him back, but I digress).
I love him so much and I'm so darn proud of him.  I just know that he is blowing them all away and already working his way up in the ranks amongst the other "Future Sailors of America" (I think that's what they're calling them these days). 

Well, I'm off to do some house cleaning.  Then some "Me" cleaning, hehe.

Have a wonderful day ya'll!

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know being seperated for training and depolyments is hard...You can do it!! I pray the days pass quickly and you'll be together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that getting the box wasn't the worst thing that I've ever recieved in the mail. I also thought it would be harder to open than it was. You will get into a routine and it will get easier. Not that you won't have "bad days" but you will be fine honey. I know when my Hubs was in basic (only a week ago) I would look forward to getting his letters. Those were my favorite days of the week. The time will go by fast, even if it doesn't seem like it now. Keep busy and have lots of girl time. I would wish you good luck, but I know you don't need it. You will do great!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of hugs and pats on the back to you. As a newlywed I think it is especially hard. It does get easier- though you still will miss him like crazy. Start some projects, volunteer, commit yourself to doing something you can't get out of. Then you are forced to do more than go to work/school. Keeping busy makes time pass by quickly/er. You can do it- I can see you have the right attitude. It takes a special woman to be a Navy Wife! Just remember- "What doesn't kill you- makes you stronger." And if that doesn't work- my next go-to saying is "fake it 'till you make it." It works!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! It's tough missing our men while they're gone, but we're strong and we have each other to lean on. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great! Keep your chin up!

    I've never asked you waht he's going to do in the navy.....and is he going surface or sub?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!