Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Phone Call

I feel very blessed today.  I got to spend about 15 minutes with Michael before he swore in and a few afterwards.  Then he texted me throughout the afternoon while he was hanging out at the airport waiting for his flight to leave.  He got to call me twice, once before he boarded and once after they landed. And I just recieved my 60 second call from him from boot camp.  Even though it's hardly day one, I feel like I will handle this seperation really well (all things considered). I have a fantastic support system of family and friends (which includes all of YOU!), I have netflix and coloring books to keep my mind occupied, and my sweet furbaby Molly to keep Michael's side of the bed warm.  I miss him terribly and I've cried a few times already, but I only feel more love for him and all we go through will only make us a stronger couple.  I'm such a proud wife right now.  :)
Besides my honey's texts and phone calls, I've spent my evening watching Scream with my in-laws. They are such good and loving people, I'm so grateful for them.

Well, I'm off to spend some quality alone time with Freddy Krueger.

Good night all!

7 comments:

  1. I love phone calls....they make my entire day awesome! You'll be able to write him love letters:) Those are always soooo nice! TIP: Make sure you number each envelope on the back starting with #1...because then he will know if he missed getting a letter from you.

    ~Goodnight moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that Freddy is always a good companion for when the boyfriend or husband goes away lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome...also...spray your perfume on the letter too, after you write it, NOT a ton...just some so when he opens it, he can smell you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell that I've had ALOT of practice with seperation?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to talk to him, that makes everything just a little better :) I agree the perfume thing they love that hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phone calls are always the best! Sounds like you will have plenty of things to keep you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fur Babies are the best! We didn't have a fur baby for the first deployment but now that we have one I love coming home to Chanel (our German Shepherd) SO excited to see me! They really do give unconditional love and she is so sweet and funny, she can always put a smile on my face when I'm feeling done! Glad that you made it through day 1, mark it off the calendar!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!