Monday, June 21, 2010

Do you remember that feeling of excitement during those few weeks leading up to summer vacation in Elementary and Middle school?  When all you could think about was sleeping in, not worrying about homework and getting to stay outside until the street lights come on?
Tonight while reading To Kill A Mockingbird I had my first wave of nostalgia since I graduated.  Jem and Scout were looking forward to summer vacation when they would see Dill again and play their Radley game.  I miss looking forward to a nice long break every year.  I miss the excitement of sleep overs and playing outside late into the evening.  I definitely don't miss school, but I miss the anticipation.
And if you haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird, please do.  It genuinely deserves the Pulitzer it received.  I've read it twice and I would read it again.   The Great Gatsby is also another of my very favorite books, a must-read.  Well, I'm off to go find something else to read. 
Buona Notte!

3 comments:

  1. The Great Gatsby is one of my all time favorites, I absolutely love it! I also loved To Kill a Mockingbird...definitely a classic and must read like you said. I had to read both in 9th grade lit and I'm so glad I did.

    I totally had that anticipatory feeling about summer a couple of weeks ago. Isn't it wonderful? Isn't summer wonderful?! Have a good night reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either! They will go on my "to-read" list. Along with Pride and Prejudice. Have you read it? I started it and got a little lost. I almost want to watch the movie first and then read the book so I get it a little better. Love to know what you think if you have read it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on your blog after a little vacation! To Kill a Mockingbird is on my summer reading list, just got done finished reading Gone With The Wind, if you haven't read that put it on your list! I too miss my summer vacations! I work at a university and the students can't understand why i have to work during the summer, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!