Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm so very happy right now.

 I was woken up today by a phone call from one of my very best friends! We talked for 2 and a half hours (with is forever for me, I am terrible at phone conversations) and we talked about how much we miss and love our sailors (or soon-to-be-sailor in my case) and of course, no conversation would be complete without a serious discussion about Harry Potter and plans for a trip to the new Harry Potter theme park.  :D

Then, I walked down to my mailbox and what do you know? a letter from my honey!!!  It came complete with a stick figure drawing labeled me, you, and LOVE and the I in his name dotted with a heart.  :) I also noticed a very discreet "Amanda is so hot" in the corner of the first page.  He always knows how to make me giggle.  :)  He says the PT is pretty weak and that he passed his first academic test and got a Perfect on his first locker inspection.  I'm so very proud of my husband.  He also has an RDC named Vorhees (like Jason!) with totally tickled me seeing as how I love horror movies.  :)  He also told me that my picture (which I promise isn't dirty) was being passed around his barracks by all the guys. HAHA! Poor, lonely "future sailors" (I hear that's what they are calling them now).  At least I can cheer them up a little, right? :)

Well, I'm having a great day, and I really hope ya'll are too!
Ciao for now!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! I'm the same way, I'm not good on the phone, I love to text.. but a phone conversation is nice once in a while too. =) Awe that's so cute about his letter to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo best friend phone conversations and letters from the man are the most fantastic things ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh do you ever sound like my best friend and I:) We always talk about harry potter, and would kill to go to the new theme park!!

    My hubby used to send me stick figure drawings while he was in basic training:) Always made me laugh!

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww yay..thats so great! I loved getting letters from my hubby while he was in bootcamp. It was always so exciting! And it was so funny too cause I would send him pics all the time (no dirty ones, i promise) and the day of his bootcamp graduation after the ceremony I was searching for him in the crowd and another sailor came up to me and asked "Are you looking for Taylor?" I was so shocked but my hubby had shown my picture to all the guys in his division and they recognized me from the pics and helped me find him! :) It was sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!