Monday, July 12, 2010

And now Reginald, it is time for your reward. A gift certificate... to THE CRACKER BARREL

(that quote is from a hilarious video on youtube called Gods of Olympus.)
I get to see my honey this weekend!!! I'm so excited!! His A scool is so lax, he can already have his cellphone and computer and go on liberty. It's crazy. And I'm so happy!  ROADTRIP!  I can't wait. I was expecting to not get much if any contact with him for at least the first month, needless to say I am pleasantly surprised!
Oh! and funny story, last night my honey was doing his laundry while iming me and he leaves suddenly for about 5 minutes.  I'm wondering what in the world is going on, and so finally he comes back and says "i floooded the deck". HAHA! Just so you know, he has never done his own laundry. EVER.  I was laughing so hard!! (Technically it wasn't his fault because the washer is broken, but it's still pretty funny that the first time he actually does his own laundry, the place floods). 

I spent my day today watching Michael's papa (he has very advanced dementia) while his Meme, and two Aunts went out to lunch.  I watched an I Love Lucy marathon, it was awesome!  Once they all got home we spent a few hours talking, mostly about dishes, the 40's and 50's and family.  My favorite things!!  I have always loved milk glass but seeing and talking about Meme's collection of depression era Jadeite dishes makes me want to start collecting those too!!
Can you imagine how beautiful these would be in an all white kitchen!?!

I'm now obsessed.  I really hope that in the next few years I will have a substantial collection of Jadeite and milk glass dishes.

I want to leave you with a link to something I think everyone should read.  I can't really put into words how proud and at the same time incensed this makes me feel.  Check it out!

Goodnight ya'll!

5 comments:

  1. Love those set of plates. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky! I didn't see my hubby at all during his a-school! :( Hope you have a great time with your honey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you can have more contact with your sweetie! Those plates are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are a great set! I hope you get them too!!

    I hope you can participate in the contest I'm hosting!
    http://confessionsofasailorswife.blogspot.com/2010/07/50-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!