Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 1st 2010

Was the proudest day of my life.  My husband graduated from Navy boot camp.  :)
I was so excited to finally be able to see and spend time with him. We went straight to a really great restaurant called Austin's so he could buy a big ol' steak.  Then to the hotel to "ahem" rekindle our relationship :) then off to downtown Libertyville to see the shops and grab dinner.  The people in that area are amazing. People kept stopping us to thank Michael for his service, he got a free bottle of water and a restaurant we went to wouldn't let him pay for his dinner.  He felt so humbled, blessed, grateful and awkward (he feels he didn't deserve the thanks and he felt weird because he didn't join for the accolades, although they were greatly appreciated).  We also went up to Lake Michigan, which was freezing, but awesome to see. 
Here are a few pictures from our first day!!!

Can you spot him? He's right behind the flag.


A Squid eating squid.


Steak!




Downtown Libertyville


Lake Michigan






Well, that's all for now.  I'll be sure to post more tomorrow.  I miss my honey already, but I'm going to do my best to stay strong for him.  :)
Goodnight ya'll!

6 comments:

  1. I am terribly jealous that you're in Chicago (more or less). I just left there to move to Kansas, I miss it TERRIBLY :(

    You're going to have an amazing time if you're staying there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! these are such cute pics! I'm so glad you had some quality time with your honey, bootcamp graduation was so fun and exciting!!! Except it was freezing for us since my hubbs graduated in December, lol. And i failed epically by taking hardly any pics, I wish I had but we were just so busy trying to spend every second together that we forgot! lol. Anyway, I'm glad you had an awesome time, now you just gotta get through a-school! Woo-hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Seeing Mr. Superman graduate from BMT was one of the proudest moments of my life. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I know you must be so proud. I love the pictures. I am so glad you all were able to share some time together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! Congrats to your husband, and to you too. :)

    Is it my imagination, or did you change the name of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great my husband graduates August 27th on my bday! It's good to hear what kind of things i will be seeing soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!