Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's been too long... and GREAT news!

My honey gets to come home for labor day weekend!!! He'll be in Phase 3 so he is going to request out of area leave.  I'm so excited!! I miss my honey alot. And it'll be nice to sleep in our own bed together.  :)
He also got verbal orders to Norfolk, VA.  (I know these are subject to change, but this is what I'm working with for now.)
NORFOLK LADIES!!! Any advice? Good areas, bad areas, housing vs. living out in town.... any info you have will be GREATLY appreciated.  So far it looks like my honey will be on the USS Harry S. Truman CVN-75.  I was starting to kind of look forward to San Diego since I have so much family there, but VA is closer to where we are now so... I'll make it work.  :)

I'll try to be on more often guys!!!  Promise.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! so excited for you guys...its beautiful here and although its WAY different than cali, i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were only in that area for about 6 months so I don't have a ton of advice, but we lived in the Chesapeake area. It was really nice. Some of the areas there are really sketchy. It's really hard to get base housing there but the NEX and commissary are HUGE (at least to us...we've always lived on small bases!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for you all! It is nice to at least have some idea of what the plan is...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so great!!! i thought i would be able to go see him but that's not happing now. But enjoy your time thats so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe!! how come you wont be able to see him???

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!