Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fun Projects!

I am currently waiting for the paint on my puppy to dry... my ceramic puppy bank that is. :) I've had this ceramic puppy bank since I was about ten years old and a few years back I spray painted him a matte black.  So today I decided to freshen him up a little bit and paint him a beautiful shiny GREY! I was going to go white, but I think I'll do that after we move and I figure out a good place to put him, but currently he will fit in best painted grey. (I'll post a picture tomorrow after I buy a shine spray for him)

I've done a little bit of fall decorating in my room. I think it's pretty cute, though I wish my candle warmer wasn't so unsightly.


Also, I plan on starting another project tomorrow. I plan on trying to replicate this gorgeous painting. (I can't remember where I found this! So if you have any idea, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due)


I think I'm going to make my first attempt on a much smaller canvas, to see how it turns out and then if I really love it, I'll do one on a huge canvas to go over my headboard... or in place of a headboard! I'm really excited about this project. I'm unsure whether I want to use different quotes from different people or an Edgar Allan Poe poem. We'll see.
I'm really looking forward to it!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!