Saturday, October 23, 2010

Today is a GOOD day.

Besides all the packing I've been trying to get done (I officially HATE packing shot glasses) I have spent all day breathing in the mouth watering aromas of Thanksgiving dinner. BE JEALOUS. :) Because my honey is going to miss the holidays this year, his momma decided to celebrate Thanksgiving early this year. I'm so excited! We will be eating in a few hours. I can't wait! It is pretty weird and kind of sad that the atmosphere isn't very conducive to Thanksgiving celebrations. It's so hot outside!! And the Macy's Parade isn't on, which is pretty depressing. So in the hopes of making our home feel more like the holidays, I have spent all day watching Home Alone and Home Alone 2. 
We leave for VA in just under a week (ugh) but I'm excited to get our life started and our home decorated. I just hope we find an apartment QUICK!!
Well, I'm off to help bake something...
Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

6 comments:

  1. i love your Plath quote :) and the Home Alone movies :) i'm glad you get to early celebrate with your sailor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious! Glad you got to celebrate early with your family and your sailor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your time with family is very special. As military families we celebrate holidays at all different times of the year. When Christian deploys and comes home he always has several gifts tucked away from some of the holidays he missed. Even though I mail him boxes I also save some for when he gets home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! And that is something that I definitely plan on doing from now on, I really want him to still experience our family holidays somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!