Monday, November 22, 2010

{12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge: Day 1}


Day 1 Christmas/Holiday Traditions
Let me just start off by saying... I freaking LOVE Christmas.  That being said, I love every tradition that my mom instituted in our household, and I can't wait to come up with some traditions of my own whenever I have children.
Every year Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. That's the day we put up our tree and decorate the house.  Christmas music would play in the background of course.  We would watch every Christmas special that would come on t.v. for the next month. And we owned MANY of our favorite Christmas movies. (my absolute favorites are Christmas Vacation, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Santa Clause, and A Christmas Story).
We would always pick a weekend sometime later in December and make homemade sugar cookies that we each got to decorate ourselves. And we all loved going to the store to pick out our own special ornament.
And a few days before Christmas we would spend the day preparing ravioli for Christmas dinner. I always loved getting my hands all gooey in the dough. :D
All of this preparation culminated at Christmas Eve where we would make hot chocolate, open ONE gift each and sit together as a family to watch the original Rudolph (the one with the talking snowman and the elf that wants to be a dentist!).
And of course we all got to dig in to our presents Christmas Day and have our YUMMY ravioli for dinner.
And since living with my honey, I've added some new traditions to my list! The ENTIRE day of Christmas Eve is now spent watching the 24 hour special of A Christmas Story.  We turn every t.v. on to TBS and nothing else, and at some point in the evening we all sit together and watch it, it's funny to see us all trying to contain ourselves when we want SO BADLY to quote it!
Head on over to Analyze this to join in!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge! Love all your traditions, especially the Christmas movies, one of my favorite things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Christmas Story! We watch it too! And seriously I love your blog and I also freaking love Christmas! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great traditions sounds lots like ours! We watch Christmas Vacation every Christmas Eve after Kelcee goes to bed love it that movie never gets old, LOL and the Christmas Story plays in the background at our house pretty much all day that is so funny! OK so Ravioli for dinner sounds yummy! Love the ORIGINAL rudulph miss Kelcee has already started watching it

    great traditions
    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch the Christmas Story and A Wonderful Life every Christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!