Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas shopping... oh, what fun.

So far I have spent $102 on gifts for my family, and I'm only halfway done. I have bought for 8 people, and I have 19 on my gift list (and no, I can't trim it down, this is immediate family only, I've left a lot of people out. sadly.) and I only have one paycheck left before Christmas, plus we have to save so we can travel to Florida for the holidays. Needless to say, I'm stressing out. I LOVE buying gifts for people and I love gift wrapping (crap, I forgot I still need to buy wrapping paper too)  but I have way too many bills to really enjoy it this season. It's really draining my Christmas spirit.

And sorry for being so whiney. I just wanted to get this out of my system. Thanks for listening, and if you have any advice, I would love to hear it.

Bah Humbug,
Amanda

7 comments:

  1. Make things... I love going to the Dollar Tree, buying a frame, and some cute little scrapbook stickers, painting it, sanding it, whatever... then print out a 20cent photo at WalMart and TaDa you have a personalized gift!

    You can also make awesome centerpieces... candle, decorative dish, ribbon, & accent filler = $4!

    People can say whatever they want about me "being cheap" but everyone likes my gifts, and it's the thought that counts, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly where you are coming from!! I am moving to Norfolk right around Christmas, and really really do not have the extra money for Christmas right now! I am just buying for my nephew this Christmas. My family knows my situation right now, and they understand. Still it makes me feel bad, I love giving gifts around Christmas! I have been informed however by my brothers that they want really nice birthday gifts next year! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling, I have spent so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel! As a broke student i pretty much have no money to spend on gifts. Thankfully atleast i can paint so everyone is getting a painting:):) Try to make some homemade stuff that your family will be able to use. Like filling mason jars with cookie/cake/whatever mix or crocheting everyone scarves or painting everyone a picture:):) You don't need to spend a lot of money and the good thing is that family loves you no matter what....or atleast thats what im hoping for jk;););)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right after I commented I got an e-mail from BHG about DIY gifts, check them out here: http://www.bhg.com/crafts/easy/30-minute-projects/super-quick-gifts-to-make/?sssdmh=dm17.488256&esrc=nwwu&email=2854768929

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I totally know how you feel! Blech.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!