Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Fried Pickles

The other day the hubby and I decided that we REALLY wanted fried pickles from Hooters. But we were'nt sure where the nearest Hooters was, so the hubby had that bright idea to make them from scratch at home! And I am very proud to say they were a success! And super delicious.

Recipe from HERE.
{Just like}Hooters Fried Pickles.
Ingredients:

2 cups whole-wheat flour

1 cup all-purpose flour

2½ teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon paprika

¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

11 ounce jar hamburger dill pickle slices

2 cups buttermilk

Preheat 8 cups of vegetable oil to 350 degrees in a large pot. Drain dill pickles in a colander. I used thick cut kosher dill pickles from Krogers.

then place into a medium sized bowl with the 2 cups of buttermilk.


Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Take about a handful of the pickles out of the buttermilk and dredge into the seasoned flour. Shake off excess flour.



 place battered pickles into hot grease. Be careful not to place too many pickles into the hot grease or the pickles won’t fry up crisp.


Fry pickle slices until golden brown


Isn't he handsome! :)


MMM!! Don't they look delicious!! They were super easy to make and definitely worth it. YUM!



4 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I'm not too fond of Hooters' fried pickles. There's a place back home that makes fried pickle spears, and they are AMAZING!
    Thanks for the recipe, I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had fried pickles before, but they look really tasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I love that you put this up here! I have only had fried pickles once but I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I've been craving these. Thank you soo much :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!