Friday, March 4, 2011

Libya.....

As far as I'm concerned Libya can kiss my butt. 
I really can't talk about how Libya may or may not pertain to my husband, but I want to get this off of my chest. I REALLY don't like the possibility of American servicemembers being sent over to Libya on "peacekeeping missions" or whatever. IT IS NONE OF OUR DAMN BUSINESS. It is a civil war, and we aren't invited. Even if we were, I don't give a damn. Libya isn't worth one single American life as far as I'm concerned. Sure, it's sad that they are all killing each other, blah blah blah. It's none of our business. They can sort their own crap out. We have enough crap going on in the middle east, we don't need to add on to it.  Almost all of Africa is screwed, for some reason, they just can't seem to get their act together. I don't understand it, and as sad as it may be (though I'm not losing any sleep over it), it really isn't worth the time and lives of our significant others, parents, siblings or children.
I know I probably sound pretty heartless right now saying things like this, but there's got to be a point where we just say no and let them fend for theirselves! If they do anything at all it should be a UN issue... I'm not talking the type of UN issue where it's just Americans over there, I'm talking about the actual UN taking care of business and doing what they are supposed to be doing and not relying solely on the U.S.
I won't claim to know everything about politics or world relations or whatever, but damn. I'm pretty sure I'm smart enough to know when our servicemembers are sacrificing more than enough.

2 comments:

  1. Preach it sister!! I couldn't agree more, and its a scary thought to think how this could affect our service members. Yours and my hubby included! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!Go away Libya!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!