Monday, April 4, 2011

Alpha to Zulu

Military Life from Alpha to Zulu
ALPHA
Active Duty, Anchors Aweigh, Acronyms, Ahoy!
BRAVO
Boots in the doorway, Blue and Gold, Battleship
CHARLIE
Commissary, Carrier, Chit, Coveralls
DELTA
Deployments, Dependents, Dixie Cup
ECHO
Emotional, Enlisted
FOXTROT
Flexibility, Fouled Anchor, Frigate
GOLF
Galley, Geedunk
HOTEL
Hurry up and wait, Homecomings
INDIA
"In the Navy! We can sail the Seven Seas!", IT
JULIET
Jet noise, Jumper Flaps
KILO
Knots, Keel
LIMA
Love
MIKE
Murphy’s law, Man the Rails
NOVEMBER
NWU's, Neckerchief, NEX
OSCAR
OPSEC, Overseas
PAPA
Pride, PCS, Peacoat
QUEBEC
-----------
ROMEO
Rank, Rate, Red Fridays
SIERRA
See you laters, SSN, Strength, Salute, Scuttlebutt, Sailor
TANGO
Troops, Tricare, Tears, Thirteen Buttons, TAD, TDY
UNIFORM
Uniforms, USO, Until They All Come Home, Underway
VICTOR
Veterans,
WHISKEY
War, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
X-RAY
XO
YANKEE
Yellow ribbons
ZULU
Zero dark thirty

Riding the Roller Coaster

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love all your words. Although I'm gonna have to look a couple of those up. :) I'll add your words to my list soon!

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--I wanted to let you know that I changed the button for the link up. I noticed that the white beyond the rounded corners was showing up when backgrounds aren't white so I made the edges straight. Sorry! It looks like the one you posted is still working, but I wanted to let you know if you want to change it or if it stops working. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! And how did I forget about Murphy? That little PITA makes camp whenever Mister is away for any amount of time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!