Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Milspouse Survey

1. How long have you been a military wife? If you count from when he graduated bootcamp, it will be one year on July 3rd.

2. What branch of service is your husband? Navy
3. Active/Reserve? Active Duty

4. What is his job? Information Technology. Combat Systems.
5. How many deployments have you gone through? We got the back end of a 7 month deployment (3 months) and a 3 week underway.
6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man? Ooooh, I love both. He looks super hot in his NWU's.
7. What do you like about being a military wife? Almost everything. I don't know any other way to live but the military life. I am beyond proud to be serving my country in this way.
8. Do you live on base? Nope.

9. What is your favorite base so far? Sigonella, Sicily, Italy. I didn't live there with my husband of course. Virginia is our first duty station together.
10. What is the hardest part of the military life? The seperations.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary? Kroger's.
12. Do you work or stay at home? House wife. I also babysit for one of my hubby's shipmates.
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? A few actually. Two that live nearby and a bunch that I grew up with as Navy brats.
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX? NEX, but it's so far away that I never shop there. I'm loving Kroger's though.
15. How did your husband propose? The first time he proposed was in Books A Million right before he was to leave for Basic (his original plan was to go to Army OCS and GMC) the second time was with an actual ring and in his bedroom. haha.
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? Before.
17. How long have you been together? We started dating December 12, 2006.
18. Any kids? 3 fur babies.
19. Any kids yet to come? I REALLY hope so. And soon. WeAll the fun is in trying though, right?

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys? Not at all. He's had some pretty bad luck with his job. As of now he wants to get out after his four years. I, on the other hand, want him to stay in for at least 25 and retire.
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband? This survey seems to be pointed towards Army wives. haha. We wrestle all the time, but no we haven't done combatives together or the Navy equivalent.
22. How many bases have you lived at? This is our first duty station together. But I've lived in Groton, CT, Sigonella and Jacksonville, FL with my parents.
23. If you could change one thing about the military? How the junior Enlisted sailors (soldiers, airmen, etc.) are treated by their superiors. I know cranking is mandatory for first timers on a ship, but the hours they keep are TERRIBLE. That is just one instance, and things like that really make the men hate their jobs.
24. Do you like military balls? I really want to go to one, but the hubs doesn't want to. :(
25. Where does your family live? I have some in CA, AZ, GA, FL and KY 

26. What do you do for a job? Babysit.
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife? Nope.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone. Lots of cleaning and movies.

29. Do you think other wives do that too? I'm sure.

1 comment:

Leave some Love!!!