Monday, August 20, 2012

My Registry Must Haves

I'm 34 weeks along (well, I will be on Wednesday). I am so excited to meet my baby girl and we've gotten so much done! I love when people list their favorite baby items so here are a few things from my registry that I can't wait to use:

TOP REGISTRY MUST HAVES


Boppy Pillow- When I was a nanny, I used this a LOT. I know most women use it for breastfeeding (which I hope to do as well) but it really is an "arm saver" even when bottle feeding. And baby loves being propped up in it and I've even napped with it! So versatile.

Tommee Tippee Bottles -I also used these when I nannied and they are by far my favorite bottles I've ever used. I have a big problem with spilling formula powder all over the place when trying to pour it into those small necked bottles and these totally alleviate that problem. I know babies can be picky about the type of nipple they use, but they are supposed to be "closer to nature" so I don't think there will be a problem. I hope!

Aden + Anais Burpy Bibs - seriously, the cute matchy matchy burp rags that you find everywhere else are so small and thin that spit-up goes right past and through them! These though are wonderful. They are so big and sop up everything. And I love that you can button the sides together to turn it into a wrap-around bib. Because somehow babies have found a way to spit-up backwards. I don't understand it, but it happens!

Infant Converse- these just speak for themselves. I mean, How Cute!

Summer Infant Comfy Bath Sponge- baby bath tubs are just so bulky, I can't stand them! I'm also a big proponent of sink bathing and bathing with baby, so I think the sponge will be a great fit. I wanted the puj tub, but it won't fit in any of our sinks. Plus, you can't beat $6!

Aveeno Baby Shampoo and Body Wash - I absolutely LOVE baby smell. I chose Aveeno because it is so great for sensitive skin and it doesn't make babies smell funny like I think Johnson and Johnson does.

Old Navy Jeggings - Another given. I received  so many onesies at my shower but hardly any pants to match! And it's so difficult to match the million shades of pink you inevitably end up receiving when you have a girl, so jeggings are my answer to the matching problem. Besides, can you imagine that little diaper butt in those pants!? I die.

Soothie Pacifiers - my favorite binkys by far. My nephew was very colicky but once we stuck a soothie in his mouth he was so much easier to calm down.

Comfort and Harmony Travel Swing - I think those giant floor swings, while cute, are so obnoxious! They take up way too much room. That's why I love these portable swings so much.  They fold up so small and the portability will be so wonderful for showering!

I'll try to remember to write another post after baby girl arrives to update you on what she loves and doesn't love, but so far these are the things I've heard rave reviews about or used myself while babysitting that I've really enjoyed. Hope this helps someone!


2 comments:

  1. Love Baby's Aveeno products ! My sons had very sensitive skin and it was perfect ! And those swings are life savers, but if you can get one that you can plug in, it will save you lots of money on batteries (or get rechargeable batteries !!!)


    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous list! I love my Aden and Anais blanket. It's one of my favorites & I get compliments on it all the time. I also have a pair of little converse for my little guy and they melt my heart every time he wears them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love!!!